Sunday 11 September 2016

Barlame and Lake Parramatta - One Casual Saturday


               Barlame Thai Restaurant - Dural, NSW

            My friend and I went to Barlame Restaurant in Dural for lunch. We drove into an empty car park with one lonely car parked in the corner. This made us believe the restaurant was closed and would not be open until dinner. Thank goodness I actually checked! The food served in this restaurant is amazing. The decor of the restaurant makes you feel like you are in Thailand.

We love our Thai food. I found excellent reviews on the food and the service offered at this restaurant online. I am thrilled to say, they delivered more than we expected. I would come back to this place without a doubt.

King Prawns Coconut Curry       5/5
I am amazed at the creativity of this dish from the way its served to the flavours consumed.
I can proudly say, this is my favourite dish. 
Pandan Creme Brulee with Toffee Ice Cream     5/5
Flavour combination blended perfectly
I devoured the entire dessert in less than a minute.





Lake Parramatta - North Parramatta

            After lunch, we went to Lake Parramatta to relax. This is my favourite hideout place where I go to rejuvenate. 

               I found this lake ten years ago when I used to live in the area. I used to beg my parents to take my sister and I to Lake Parramatta after school for an hour. As time went by, after school visits became harder so we would occasionally go on the weekends for a picnic. 

In those ten years, every visit has been a little different due to the changes made to Lake Parramatta. Last Sunday, my friend and I stopped by for two hours and noticed Lake Parramatta Rowboat is offering opportunities for water sports such as kayaking, rowing, canoeing and pedal boating for reasonable prices. I am so excited for the new changes. This means I do not have to travel to the city to do kayaking. You can also go bushwalking with your friends and family or by yourself. You can cover the whole area in two hours. I would recommend this place to bushwalkers. After the long walk, you can sit back on the rocks and take in the views.

This lake caters for everyone even little kids. The park has a small playground for the kids to enjoy themselves. There is also a big BBQ area with tables and benches for gatherings, picnics and celebrations. If you forget to bring food and start to get hungry, don't panic! You don't need to drive to Parramatta or home to feed yourself. They have a small cafe on their premises and are open from Monday to Sunday from 9am to 4pm. 

The reserve closes at 6pm except during daylight savings, it closes at 7pm. This will give you an extra hour to spend more time at the lake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment