Monday 12 December 2016

Tasmania


“Take time to make your soul happy”  

Hide and Seek




Day 1: Friday, 9th December 2016

Dinner at Spice Lounge Restaurant and Bar - Seaport Boulevard, Launceston.
Spice Lounge is a Modern Indian Punjabi Cuisine

        This restaurant is rated as 4.5/5. We ordered Butter Chicken and Chicken Biryani with Garlic Naan. Food tasted good. Service was great. The surrounding restaurants were crowded but the walk down the Seaport Boulevard was peaceful and beautiful watching the sunset.

Chicken Biryani $16.90 and Butter Chicken $18.90



Day 2: Saturday, 10th December 2016

Ross & Wineglass Bay Tour - TAS TOURS
Departs from Launceston and Hobart

       I booked a tour for Wineglass Bay with Tas Tours for $130pp. The tour guide picked my grandma and I from Mantra Charles Hotel at 7:15am. We got to Ross at 8am, this is where our tour began. Ross is a beautiful small town with two delicious bakeries. We brought our lunch from the bakery and took a short drive to Cape Tourville. I also purchased my first Scallop Pie and the famous, Vanilla Slice.

ROSS

Cape Tourville - Launceston
Stunning views

I captured this stunning view from the boardwalk. I was utterly awed by the view and the refreshing feeling of the wind brushing past me whilst I stood there. At that moment, I imagined myself being in that boat and venturing out to the sea. The lighthouse is one minute walk from this boardwalk.

Cape Tourville Broadwalk Lookout View 

                                            Wineglass Bay Lookout - Freycinet Peninsula
Breathtaking Views

My first favourite part of the tour was hiking uphill for forty-five minutes to see the Wineglass Bay. I struggled walking uphill and there were few times I just wanted to give up. However, I am glad that I pushed myself to do this walk. The end result of reaching the destination is breathtaking. I have never seen anything so magnificent and spectacular in my life. My heart skipped a beat when I first walked towards the Wineglass Bay Lookout.



Wineglass Bay Lookout View
45 mins one way uphill walk

Honeymoon Bay - Freycinet National Park
On my top five wedding venue list <3

My second favourite part of the tour was going to the Honeymoon Bay. This place is more beautiful than whats captured in the photographs. There was two weddings scheduled on the day. We accidentally happened to crash one of the weddings whilst they were setting up. Maybe couple years from now, I would not mind booking the Cafe for my reception and a corner for my wedding. Having a wedding overlooking the water and as a backdrop is sensational but probably would be a trek to get to this place. I absolutely enjoyed my time at Honeymoon Bay. They also offer rooms to rent out which makes it perfect for an overnight or weekend event combined with water sports or local activities.

Honeymoon Bay Boardwalk

Honeymoon Bay

Dreamy <3

Devil's Corner - Freycinet National Park
Award - winning wines, rated as 4.5/5

Our last stop for the day before we returned back to the hotel was at the Winery, Devil's Corner. We had fifteen minutes for wine tasting and eating the famous Tombolo Ice Cream.  I tried the Salted Caramel Ice Cream and it was delicious. They also sold Oysters and Fish and Chips. I was so tempted to buy the Fish and Chips as it smelt incredibly delicious. However, we were still full from lunch and Fish and Chips taste so much better when they are hot!



Salted Caramel Ice Cream $7.50

The tour guide dropped us back to the hotel at 6:30pm. Our guide was very informative and accommodating. I rate this tour 5/5. If I ever get an opportunity to revisit Tasmania, I would definitely do this tour again. Tas Tours offers a lot of options based on your fitness level and abundance of time to explore the Freycinet Peninsula. Also, not many tours are action packed and time efficient for the money you pay. Our tour guide catered to everyone's needs. It was truly an amazing day to witness and I am really happy that I picked this tour company.

Day 3: Sunday, 11th December 2016

Gorge  Scenic Chairlift, Cataract Gorge - Launceston
Magnificent views of Cataract Gorge

        We paid $15 return to go on the chairlift. It takes about ten minutes to get to the other side. It goes really slow giving you time to admire the surroundings from the above. You can visit the gardens and the Cafe on the other side of the Chairlift. You can also walk to the other side if you do not wish to take scenic view. The walk is about five minutes to the Cafe. Don't be fooled by the peacock's beauty, they get violent then they see food. So do not feed them food if you want to stay safe. 

Scenic View from the above
Alexandra Suspension Bridge


Grindelwald - Launceston
Small Swiss Village 

Grindelwald is twenty minutes away from Launceston CBD. It is a small Swiss village with few shops. It reminded me of my trip to Switzerland. People at this place are very friendly and delighted to chat with.



Coffee Republic - Launceston CBD
Rated as 4.5/5

Coffee Republic is a small funky coffee shop with good selection of flavoured lattes, coffees, hot chocolates, teas etc. I tried my first English Breakfast Latte and I loved it. I bought a regular cappuccino for my grandma and she was surprised that this place would serve a really good coffee. The Coffee guy is super friendly and sweet.  

Coffee Republic

Mantra Charles Hotel - Launceston

We booked a studio room for two nights. The hotel had a special offer for seven nights but we only paid $318 for two nights for two people.  This hotel is ten minutes walk from the CBD. It is also a popular choice for the visitors.  The staffs were very welcoming and helpful. 



       I enjoyed my little weekend getaway to Launceston. This getaway was a little present for my grandma from me. She has always wished to go to Tasmania so I decided to make her wish come true for Christmas. We had a blast in Tasmania. It is truly a remarkable and beautiful place to explore. I am looking forward to my next trip to Tasmania. 

No comments:

Post a Comment